Recipes for make at home Play dough ?

Doing Vacation Bible School June 13 and June 20th for kids ages 5,6,8,10,12. Used to do daycare and had a book with recipes for homemade playdough - sold everything when I retired. I need one recipe that dries rather quickly to make hand print plaques for kids to make (let dry) and paint to give to their fathers. I also need a receipe for play dough you cook on stove on low made with flour, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring that stores indefinitely in a plastic zip bag as a play there and take home item. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. LOVE....your sister in Christ, IBY

Ibolya

Asked by Ibolya at 5:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Here's the recipe I use for play dough:
    combine 5 cups water, 2.5 cups salt, 3 tbsp cream of tartar, and food coloring in a large saucepan. cook on low heat and stir. as the mixture heats up, stir in 10 tbsp vegetable oil, and then 5 cups flour. stir slowly. keep stirring until the mixture starts to look dry and pulls away from the sides of the pan. remove the pan from the heat. pinch a piece between your fingers. if it is not sticky, then it's done. place the dough on the counter and knead until smooth. lasts for weeks in a tupperware.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 5:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Cool idea for Father's Day! I'd recommend a salt dough for the handprints plaques. The dough is made of flour, salt and water (try Googling a recipe) and once it's formed you can bake them dry and paint them.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I have the recipe for peanut butter playdough I will look for it.
    Anonymous