I think I am ready.....or not!

Okay so I am 38 weeks and first time mommy and all this time I have been thinking okay I am ready and women live through labor and delivery everyday but as the due date gets closer I am starting to panic....I know its a little late now to change my mind but is this normal? Lots of women post about inducing early and natural ways but I am too scared to try...I really don't know what I am asking I guess I just need some reassurance. Its seems the Hubby just doesn't get it!

konnorsmommy09

Asked by konnorsmommy09 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its a major life change. i think most people get antsy..some excited some nervous..i was completely fine until i got to the hospital the second time..i was sooo overwhelmed...i didnt know WHAT to do..i wanted to take off running in the other direction...but its okay..youll be okay..and finally be unpregnant! lol..good luck
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• What your feeling is completely normal! I was so nervous before my baby was born. Nervous about labor and delivery and nervous about being a mommy for the first time....but then everything happened. You will find you are stronger than you know! And once you hold that baby it's love at first site! You'll do great. The day my daughter was born was the best day of my life. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I am on my second child and I feel as though with my first one I wasn't as scard of labor as I am now. I am due in 6 weeks and somedays I just start crying because I am so scard I wont make it through another labor....My SO think I am just crazy. But I know that panic feeling you are getting and just know WE WILL SURVIVE we will be fine. Life will go on and everything is ok.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I know you know its gonna hurt, and I also know a million people will tell you its all worth it when it over, and its the truth-
    basically the second you pop the baby out your not in anymore pain, we remember it hurts but we dont remember the PAIN, if we were made to remember the PAIN women would never get pregnant agian.
    its worth it, its wonderful, and with an epidural its really not that bad, after I got my epi I didnt feel anything until he crowned, I felt that-there is no way to get around that, but it only hurt for a few minutes and I forgot all about it when I held him.
    go for the epidural mama, and stay positive!

its not as bad as you think it is.
    also-
    go in there with the thought that this is gonna hurt BADDDD, than your ready and excepting the fact that its gonna hurt, and your ready to work through it, and in the end, its not as bad as you thought it was gonna be!
    GOOD LUCK!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009