Has anyone ever wondered why you get a ticket for not having a seat belt on but yet you see motorcyclist not wearing helmets and they don't seem to get pulled over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In some places it's not required to wear a helmet.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Because it is illegal not to wear a seatbelt. It's not illegal to not wear a helmet. Well, at least here in TX those are the laws. Not sure about other states.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Ditto for above...cant stand when u get a ticket for a seatbelt..but others are flying past you speeding when your already doing 5 over...im like...hmmm..whats more likely to cause harm..my lack of seatbelt or them doin atleast 10 over??
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You have to wear a helmet here in OR. That said something thats been really annoying me is watching cops not follow the rules of the road. Like switching lanes with no turn signal, "I would get pulled over for that" or speeding without lights on. Grrrrrrr I WANT TO GIVE THEM TICKETS SOOOOOO BAD! Sorry just had to get that off my chest
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 5:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Some states have a "no helmet" laws which are stupid.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I always wear my seatbelt, but my hubby hates them and says if he ever gets ticketed he'll fight it on that basis Why should he have to buckle while in a car (which he feels is safer) when a motorcyclist doesn't have to wear a helmet.
    Anonymous

• I am not pissed off at the fact that motorcyclist don't have to wear a helmet I am pissed of at the fact they DONT HAVE SEATBELTS ON EITHER. So why should I have to wear one in my car which is safer then a bike
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Here in Ky they are starting to pull over and ticket anyone not wearing a seat belt and we have a noise ordinance against loud mufflers. Yet, on the other hand, motorcyclists are allowed to ride with no seat belt, no helmet, and it doesn't matter how loud their bike is. Ugh.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I figure if someone is dumb enough to ride a motorcycle without a helmet and they crash and die, that's one less stupid person in the gene pool.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It should be illegal to drive without a seat belt and to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. I think some times people have a death wish when they refuse to do either of those things. I was saved by my seat belt about 14 years ago when a car smashed into the back of mine.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009