how can get 13 month old to stop sticking his fingers in his mouth

to where it makes him gag

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ignore it. my daughter did the same thing and if i yelled or told her not to do it, she did it more. i started to ignore her and after about a week or two of no reaction at all she quit.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• ok thank u i will start doing that then
    Anonymous

• Yeah you should ignoe it. My 17 month old twins were doing it all the time. I stopped saying anything to them and within a week they both just quit. I just think it's that age..
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 9:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My daughter does this sometimes. She did it once and made herself throw up....ewe!!
    So I just tell her in calm voice 'no don't do that it will make you sick and you don't want to get sick' and pull her hand out of her mouth. It works but you just have to keep saying it over and over. Don't over react or make a big deal about it.
    Wistful

Answer by Wistful at 10:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• thank u for your answers i will try it thank u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009