Do your kid's clothes always have to match?

I'll admit it, if i know my daughter and I are just staying home, she sometimes winds up in clothes that clash terribly. She's not even 2 yet, she doesnt care, and I dont want her staining her nice matching outfits lol.

Pudge_Pie20

Asked by Pudge_Pie20 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My youngest son is 17, he will wear the oddest things together. I will say " Dude, who told you that looked together. " The only time he matches with no problem is when he goes to work. Black pants and his Wegmans shirt.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 6:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I agree. Even when we play outside at our house...my son picks out his clothes. So he always has on some crazy mismatched stuff!! It used to bug me because I was worried if company stopped by.....but I got over it real quick. I do like him to match if we go somewhere tho!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 6:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yes and it annoys my husband but oh well. Sometimes I even re-dress our son after Daddy has dressed him lol. And sometimes it'll take me forever to match a onesie to a pair of pants. It just bugs me!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• For me personally, I prefer that they do. I can always wash them.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Not match necessarily, but I like them to not clash.

Answer by Bmat at 6:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• YUP! At home no my son can wear whatever I can grab. If we are going out though he wears outfits that are already sorted into matching sets in the dresser or his closet!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Yep..my son is still in onesies for the most part..i bought him plain ones to wear that he can tear up and stain when were home...and daddy knows better than to put him in something awful..daddy has good fashion sense though...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I ALWAYS have to have her match!!! Even if we're home and we don't leave the house all day!!! If i don't have anything to match, she goes around in a diaper til i come up with something. She even has 8 different pairs of shoes so THOSE will match as well with what we are doing... tennis shoes (easy to match) dress shoes (much harder) sandels, playshoes... even the bow in her hair has to match!!! or the little purse she wants to carry around. (she has 3) I let her pick out outfits and she knows what goes with what :) and my hubby is deployed so we don't have to worry about that!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My son always has to match. Sometimes when my husband gets him ready for bed he trys to put mitch-matching pjs and he will throw a fit until I change him into matching pjs. Usually if my husband dresses him (unless I have picked out the outfit) I re-dress him so that he matches.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009