Wow does this not make sence.

Yesterday i made welch's apple juice for my DD and yes have watered it down. I have always given her Gerber apple juice water down and she has the runs bad. My question is why would it matter what brand im using. I have stopped giving her the welch's. Has anyone else had this problem ever?

raemommy

Asked by raemommy at 5:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have not. Poor tyke. It may be something besides the juice, but I don't know that I'd want to experiment and try one brand and then the other a couple days later to make sure. Perhaps you could call the company and ask if it makes any sense.

Answer by Bmat at 6:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Different brands different contents...different sugar amounts or dye amounts...i duno just guessing here..but theyre different in some way shape or form...
    Anonymous

• Apple juice, apple sauce, apples themselves have natural laxatives. Maybe the stuff you made her was just way too strong for her little tummy.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think (from reading this on CafeMom all the time -- I'm no juice expert because we don't do juice unless our girls are sick) that Gerber is already watered down. So if you are diluting the Gerber with 50% water, it could be the equivalent of another brand being diluted with 75% water. (That's just an example -- I don't know what the concentration is in Gerber for sure).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Gerber juice is already watered down, so you were watering it even more. Making a "regular" juice and watering it the same you did as the Gerber gave her more of the juice.

It doesn't take much apple juice for my boys to get loose bowels. I save apple juice for when they're constipated! lol (but still on occasion have to use prune)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Maybe the Welch's has more sugar in it?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009