how do i ditch the pacifier for my 2 and 3 year old?

ksardinas1210

Asked by ksardinas1210 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throw them away.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I saw somewhere where the mother explained that it was time to get rid of the pacifiers and they tied them to balloons and let them go!!! they made it a fun way to get rid of them and the kids wanted to do it!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 6:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I offered my son a choice between keeping his binkys and getting a new toy that he really wanted (I had the toy there in my hand). He thought about it for a minute and picked the toy. We threw away his binkys and that was the end of it. (He was only using them for bed and nap at that point, if your kids have them all the time, you may want to start by having the only in bed rule for a while first).
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My daughter stopped using hers by "Out of Site Out of Mind"
    Anonymous

• Tell them there are babies out there that need binkies and you need to 'mail' them to the binkie fairy. So the binkie fairy can give them to other babies. Write out an envelope to the binkie fairy, have them put ALL the binkies in the (large) envelope, seal it and have your little ones put it in your mailbox for the binkie fairy to pick up.
    Dylansmomma

Answer by Dylansmomma at 10:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009