Anyone sell Avon?

So I have been considering selling Avon, however im not really sure how it works. Has anyone here ever sold Avon? How do you get started? What are some basic requirements to sell it? (meaning do I have to buy the products and sell only what I have in inventory) Any tips for selling Avon? And, most importantly, is it actually worth it?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I sold. I didn't like it, I quit. My mother has been doing Avon for 30 years. www.C-TheAvonLady.com

It's $20 to get started. You will recieve you kit in the mail and your enroller should go through it with you. There is no quota but you should try to put in at least $50 an order. You don't have any set ways to sell. You can do online only, books, book parties, actual product display parties, make over parties, Mall & Vendor Shows, fundraisers and/or any mix of these that YOU want. Make sure you find someone that can help you through whatever it is you want to do.

My biggest tip to you is sit down and make a list of all the people you know that MAY be willing to buy avon from you. If you can't come up with at lease 10 people, it's gonna be really hard to get started! To me it was far from worth it. But I hate sales. I have a number of businesses and NEVER do sales! So, to each their own.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• rkoloms Get a life. Seriously no one wants to hear your crap in every post on cafemom.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous is wrong, I sold and as I was learning more and more about Avon, I hated them!

Not only do they contribute to horrible health problems because of nasty chemicals in their products, but they send jobs that mom can do from home overseas!

I hate that, I hate that, I hate that!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009