Pediatric dentist questions

My three year old has her first dental appointment tomorrow. What were some of the questions you asked the dentist? How did you prepare your child for the visit?

lizzeh

Asked by lizzeh at 6:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I told my kids what to expect and that the instruments would be kinda loud. I didn't ask a lot of questions but made sure that I knew what they were doing.
    Anonymous

• I told my son he was going to the dentist and they were going to clean his teeth.

They asked me how often he brushed his teeth, if he did it himself or had help, if he was flossing yet. They cleaned his teeth, gave a flouride treatment and said he had no cavities.

I think the only question I asked was how often he needed to be seen.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Our ped dentist sends out a personalized book About the appointment. I just asked if he had cavities, and if I should be doing anything for him. We don't have fluoride in the water here so they wrote a script for a chewable, and also said we should introduce him to flossing.
    RileysMommy1004

Answer by RileysMommy1004 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009