Will he stop throwing fits about the gate?

Now that my son is into EVERYTHING we have put gates up to keep him limited to crawling around in just the living room where everything is baby proof. But he quickly realized he can't get past the gates and he hates it. He stands there and screams because he wants to get into the kitchen, or the hall, etc. He has plenty of room in the living room. Will he get used to the gates eventually? Oh and he's 10 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He is screaming because he wants to be where the action is!

I would get the major parts of the house that you and family are in baby-proofed ASAP. Keep up the gate in the living room as a "play pen" area when you can't let him cruise the other parts of the home. (Get baby-proof clip on door guards for other rooms, such as the master bedroom and bathrooms.)

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I had the same problem with my daughter. We gated the hall and the kitchen. She too wa ferious about it. Her favorite thing was to get into the kitchen and knock over the garbage! Now we are ok about the gate but she can get fussy when we go into an area she cannot and leave her behind but not always. Usually we let her tag along. We just dont want her going into the other rooms when we are not in ther with her.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Bathrooms should always be off limits to crawling babies. I don't let my daughter in the kitchen when I'm cooking. Too dangerous. The only area my daughter is allowed to play in is the livingroom and kitchen (when no cooking is going on).
    Anonymous