Those that don't vaccinate do you feel they should get charged with neglect or putting your child at risk?

This is not about who is better those that do or don't but on a legal issue ?
Seen a show recently where a mother was charged with child endangerment and causing children to get sick and some died as did her child from not getting shots that would of prevented this.
So this has me thinking at what point is the risks worth it even if it goes against your belief but thinking about the overall bigger picture ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• IM NOT SURE REALLY ... I JUST WOULDNT WANT HER TO HAVE HER CHILDREN AROUND MINE IF I KNOW THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR MY CHILD TO GET VERY ILL OR EVEN DIE
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 7:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• So because my child almost died at 6 months old due to a vaccine reaction and his doctor recommends never getting another shot I should be charged with neglect and child endangerment? This is a ridiculous question.
    Anonymous

• This is ridiculous. If a child dies of vaccines are the parents going to be held responsible. Parents should be the ones to decide what type, if any, treatments they want their child to have.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• In the end its the parents sole decision what goes into its child's bodies. The parent has to make the best choice with the facts about both ways.

I believe in vaccinating, but ONLY after the child has reached 5months. Before then the child's immune systems is not capable of handling the vaccines and is only a waste.
    I am not completely convinced that vaccines cause autism, only b/c, most of these children had other problems. But, I have seen no proof that it does. I know my whole family has been vaccinated, and none of us were affected, but I won't argue with the mom who swears that it does, b/c, I don't know the whole situation.
    I don't judge either way, because NO law or doctor is going to tell me what is best for my child. I research, watch other moms, see what has worked in the past and make my choice.

And so to answer the question, NO this should not be a legal issue. Sorry....I don't agree.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 8:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Nope but the pharmaceutical companies should be. They push these vaccines and they are deadly to specifically young infants. Notice the sudden infant death rate of newborns is highest when a baby recieves their first vaccines? (2-4 months) Coincidence? I think not.
    Anonymous

So from a legal stand point should a child not vaccinated be able to go to school with your child or for that fact maybe even sitting in your childs classroom in a nearby desk knowing they are at risk for getting your child sick since there health is not being best served or protected for not only them but others they come in contact with ?
    Anonymous

** This is why i wonder if a parent knowing the risk they may pose to not only their child from lack of vaccination but others their child comes in contact with could make them be held liable.
    If this was not true than look at the mother that got in trouble for not wanting her child to get treatment for his cancer,so just a thought it can happen.**
    Anonymous

• ** This is why i wonder if a parent knowing the risk they may pose to not only their child from lack of vaccination but others their child comes in contact with could make them be held liable.

(Interesting.)
    Anonymous

• I agree to disagree, although it may be what you feel is best for your child ..Is not always what is best for them.
    It's not right to think about what is right based of your feelings but the bigger picture for their overall long term wellbeing.
    Like what ANON poster 8:38 & 8:40 pm stated.
    Anonymous

• I feel if a parent should not be help accountable for what they do to thier child,since as it has been stated its thier choice than it should be others choices to charge that parent if thier lack of vaccination caused harm to someone else,like illness or death to thier child.
    Also parents that vaccinate should be made aware of this parents decision so if they do not want their child going to school near a non vaccinated child they have a choice to decide just like that parent,i feel this is fair for all.
    Anonymous