Are you familiar with Andrew Crosse, the man that created life?

In 1837, a little known scientist named Andrew Crosse created life in his personal laboratory. Although it was accomplished entirely by accident, Andrew carefully documented his procedures and several members of the London Electrical Society were able to duplicate the incident.

He made glass out of grounded flint and potassium carbonate, and dissolved it in hydrochloric acid. His idea was then to allow this fluid to dry, little by little, through a lump of porous stone which had been 'electrified' by a battery, and to see whether it formed crystals.

Crystals were not formed but Crosse noticed a curious side effect. On the porous stone he noticed many small white lumps. He then decided to let the experiment continue. After a week he noted hand like extensions growing out of the white lumps. Later he could tell that they were legs.

continued...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Christian response to this ("Satan is tricking everyone!") is an affirmation of my choice to no longer be a Christian. That kind of circular, system-protective logic is not for me. There are many valid responses that are well within the Christian paradigm, that would be reasonable responses to this question. I love it when people have insight to offer, even if I don't agree with it.

If you think the science isn't sound, then say THAT. If you think that he didn't create life, say THAT. If you think that he did manage to copy the process by which God created life, then doesn't that mean ANYTHING to you? Perhaps there is some truth in this, something He intends for your life, and you are rejecting it out of hand with fear of Satan in your heart. Perhaps one of Satan's greatest abilities is convincing God's followers that this sort of thing is NOT from God? That would be a tricky thing for him to do, and yet so easily done.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• After four weeks the creatures could be seen under a magnifying glass walking around. They appeared to be small insect like creatures. Thinking that possibly insect eggs had contaminated his controlled experiment, he decided to give it another shot and this time carefully control the influence of outside variables.

This time Crosse use air tight containers. Beforehand, all the components were completely sterilized using hot alcohol. The electrical wire entered the sealed container through a glass stopper. The glass was made at a temperature that would melt iron and distilled water was used to mix the it, consisting of iron sulfate, copper sulfate, and copper nitrate. Finally, the battery was connected and the dripping process began. After a few months Crosse once again noticed the insect like creatures crawling around inside the controlled environment. He was then certain that he had created life.
    continued...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I did not know thanks for sharing. The truth is that the devil is a copy cat sor I'm not surprised. He uses people like this to confuse the world. The enemy is jealous of God and tries to copy it all.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Interesting! Do you have more information on this??? I'd love to read more about it.

PS If Satan can create life, then that means that God isn't the only creator in the universe, then? So that means that there might be many "creators" -- not just the one. Thanks for bringing that aspect to the table, JCrestored me!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Here is the link:

http://www.spartechsoftware.com/dimensions/mystical/AndrewCroise.htm

I was going to post more, but my computer froze up and I had to re-start it!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• What we know today

The precise details required to conduct the experiment are not clear in our present day but it is generally accepted that several persons were successful in duplicating Crosse's experiment. It is also known that many more failed...

Those that succeeded described the creatures as tiny 'mites' and even suggested naming the new species Acari Crossii. Detractors insisted that some sort of contamination had occurred and the creatures must have been some sort of common insect.

Time, as is often the case, has blurred the exact method needed to conduct this experiment successfully. Hence, we may never know the how and why the creatures were created or if they indeed were created. But could it be possible that Crosse stumbled across the primordial soup that evolutionist theorize was needed to create the world's first life form...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Ahh that was a good point Collinsky.
    Yea add more info if you can on this...how exciting
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I read about Andrew Crosse when I was a teeenager and was upset to learn that for the most part, his work has been forgotten. Whether or not he DID manage to create life, what he accomplished was amazing and the fact that he was ridiculed by the church is sad.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Colinsky... nope he can only COPY what God does but he is never going to be the originator of life or creation. That is something you do not understand. It would be a counterfeit not original.

No never heard of this guy but not surpised.. Satan wanted to be God so he will choose people to try to be God and create life. The problem is the mind of God is so vast and so complex no man or woman will be able to truly duplicate perfectly what God created.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• So if someone DID manage to create life, you would simply pass it off as Satan trying to trick everyone? How pathetic...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009