• In the Spotlight:

Do you agree with Anonymous answers?

Someone answered a question of mine with a very ignorant and poorly thought about answer. it wasnt a very nice comment so I was just wondering...do you agree with making answers anonymous? I know that certain occations call for it. But, if you are just hiding behind of it because you are scared of someones response, then your answer isnt worth reading in the first place. I guess everyones opinon is different, so whats yours?

BrittanyShay

Asked by BrittanyShay at 7:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I've noticed that too. I've read a couple posts where you could tell they just wanted to say something ignorant. I think regardless of your answer you should women up and dont hide!!!!
    HoneyPot78

Answer by HoneyPot78 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I AGREE WITH YOU 100% I THINK THAT WHEN THEY POST ANON THEY ARE VERY RUDE AND JUST TO SCARED AND IGNORANT TO LET PPL KNOW WHO THEY ARE .... I THINK THAT THEY JUST WANT TO START DRAMA BUT ARE TO AFRAID TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WHO IS STARTING IT
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 7:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I don't know why they even have an anon function. I really don't. If you don't want people to know who you are, have a fairly anonymous profile page in the first place. I'm sorry that some people would have to "come out" into the open and might get nasty profile comments or messages from people for being homosexual, or a certain religion, or something else that people get their knickers in a twist over, but it really seems that the vast majority of anon posters are just rude and hateful. They're ruining it for the legit anon posters.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm sorry to do this Anonymous...but please understand...sometimes when answering a question I like to give an example of where I get my info and to do that I use circumstances I know first hand, but are about family members and friends etc...in these cases I use anonymous so if by some chance a friend or relative of mine is on here...they can't say ...oh I saw you post that so and so did this. That's my reason at least.
    Anonymous

• I don't like Anonymous posts or answers either but until CM gets rid of the option, we just gotta deal with it.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 7:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• what was the question and the answer from anon.?
    Anonymous

• The question is "please help me with the monster my mother created." They just made a really stupid remark that had nothing at all to do with the question. I mean, i understand freedom of speech....but...dont take that into the contex of constantly saying something stupid just to get your voice out there. If you dont have something nice to say..then dont say anything at all.(yes i know..old statemant..but i was raised on it)..and this perosn just wanted to say something..thats all.
    BrittanyShay

Answer by BrittanyShay at 9:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I answer anon because I can and want to. What would it matter if I answered with my screen name? No one knows me on here anyway! My profile is private. I choose who to "let in" to view my kids/my life.. not just leave it up to chance. If someone gives you crap, report them.. if they do it more than once they could get kicked off of CM.. ( which I wouldn't care because cm is filled with a bunch of idiots anyway).
    Anonymous

• Thats true to a certain extent. I dont like Drama. And there seems to be alot of it everywhere you go. I have a myspace....and its private. But, thats a way bigger network. I dont have an private things up..like any kind of information. I just dont like people who hide behind of the anon thing like it is some kind of sheild. Anyone can voice their opinion...just dont be afraid...or whatever other reason you have...to stick by your name.
    BrittanyShay

Answer by BrittanyShay at 1:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009