Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it piss you off if..?

Okay so im 2o, getting ready to be 21 father was pretty much absent in my life..til recently..i had a child and now he wants to show is face more..but anyways..hes always only worked on random occasions and has more children than id like to admit. im Second oldest...but he owes my mom enough in ereers (back pay..whatever im sure i spelled that wrong) to buy me a car pay off my college loans and finish paying for my school!
When i left for school he started paying regularly..she said when she caught up on her bills shed start sending me some money (the payments go in an acct that she has access to) unless she was bitchin about not getting money i didnt know about it..PERIOD! didnt ask didnt care. she never really sent me money except maybe 10 here and there for gas..i WORKED! Well...after i moved back home and asked her about it one day after my son i really needed the money she decided to tell me that the CONT.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • If she's paying debts she got after you were out, then thats wrong but if she's using the money to pay doctor bills or whatever from when you were living with her, then that is fine IMO.
    Contact your local Child Support Agency if you feel your should be receiving those back payments. They may send the payments directly to you or they may tell you it belongs to your mother. All you can do is ask.

    Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 7:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • Cont. was owed to her..that was money she spent raising me..this pissed me off beyond belief..its money that was supposed to help granted but how can u say its owed to YOU it was FOR ME!?..but beyond that...she told me shed atleast give me part of it!! My SO was mad as hell because he feels like her having me was her choice and she shouldnt have had me thinking he would always be there..and as a parent you should plan on spending money out of your pocket on a regular basis....

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • Water under the bridge, hon.

    Write it off as a life experience. The money is never going to come in.

    There's a saying, "It is WHAT it is." No fighting about it will change anyone's mind...especially where money is concerned. Make your own way as you have been and you will be able to hold up your head and say, "I did it without help!"

    Answer by timelessglass at 7:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • She has had a case out on him for years..the child support agency in my state is LAME they put men in jail for fractions of what he owes..he always seems to find loop holes and extensions..the bills shes paying off had nothing to do with me..shes paying her rent...or credit card bills..i havent lived with her in years...she started using it to pay a loan she took out for me to go to school which i thought was AWESOME! and i appreciated..but then STOPPED THAT and started giving me the bill for it, which i cant afford!! AT ALL!! As she sees me struggle shes like tell him meaning my SO to get a better job, or uses her infamous, tell him to join the ARMY!? its a big slap in the face..and o so tiring!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • The money was to support you growing up not you and your kid period. That money is to go any debt that she got while she was raising you. You are only entitled to the money IF you are still in school and a dependent of him or her and you aren't because you have a child. So since you have a child, you are not entitled to any of that child support.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • My husband pays child support. He has always paid. Since he has always paid, when the older two children turned 18, there part of the child support went to them. This agreement I agree with since the mother got money every week to help. But since your mother went years with out any help from you father. She kept a roof over your head and food in your belly. Plus the other things you needed while growing up. I don't think you are entitled to any of the child support.

    Answer by lighthouse98 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009