Christian Tattoos

Do you have any spiritual tattoos? If so, what are they? Any spiritures etc. Where are they located?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a small Star of David on my shoulder blade (I am Christian but come from a Jewish family), and my husband has a Christian fish symbol on his upper arm with "Jesus Christ" in greet.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• no tats here ( except for the brows!).. but if i did, it would reflect my american indian heritage.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My celtic tattoo can be seen many different ways. It's the trinity knot and I've heard of it being a symbol for the Father, Son & Holy Ghost. I'm catholic so I was alright with that translation :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I have them on my back. I have the verse from psalm 121:3 "The One who watches over you will not sleep." I have a moon and five stars next to that one. The stars are for my family members that now live in heaven.

I also have a tattoo that represents my relationship with my DH. It is the biggest of all my tattoos. It is an anchor that is falling into the water with a rope. On the rope are two heart charms with our initials on it. Above the cross part of the anchor there is a crown. In the middle of it all is a banner that says "This Hope We Have" which is a reference to my hubby's "life verse" Hebrews 6:19 "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast." It is how we are anchored by our faith in Christ and that is the hope of our marriage-- sure and steadfast. I also have these roses next to the banner that my grandma painted.

I have tattoos for my girls too, but they aren't religious.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If you want to see them, you can look at one of the pics on my profile (they aren't up close or anything, but you can see them.)
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I have 3 tattoos, only one representing any spiritual belief i hold. it is jonny cash and june carter in skeleton form, when you read their story its so romantic and it shows how one soul can not live without it's other half. it represents love after life. it is by far my largest piece so far. i plan on getting half of my back done halloween weekend (obviously after the baby is born) and it's going to show the strength it takes to be a mother. its for all the strong mommys out there who put forth their best foot everyday
    panda_mommy1

Answer by panda_mommy1 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• greek*
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• No spiritual tattoos here, have two already and probably will get one or two more. I thought about getting a cross but haven't found the design yet.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• To those of you that answered yes, have you gotten any negitive responces to your tattoo's? I myself don't care for them, just not my taste. I'm curious if you've gotten criticism from other Christians about them.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have a cross with a butterfly on my ankle to symbolize Christ and the resurrection. To answer teamquinn, I have not received any negative comments from other Christians. I used to get "looks" when I was younger, but I don't get them now that I'm older.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2009