Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I make him leave? and how?

my hubby threatened to hit me, he came home drunk and then pushed me down the stairs I'm not hurt but Im tired of this and I want him gone. I got this house before we got married its in my dads name because I didn't qualify for the loan then with my name on it so I'm the co signer my dad is the main name on the title to the house. Can I make him leave without seperation papers and how do I make him leave without the police getting involved

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • Without the police no you can not make him. You can change the locks after he leaves, but when he breaks in you will need to call the cops.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • your dad has to evict him

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • yup and file a restraining order..

    Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • Your dad can evict him, but I think you are better off making a police report. Without it you can't get an exparte and he can say whatever he wants to say in a custody battle.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • You can evict him but what i think your best bet is to have the police involve but honestly think about you know more than we do and you know what he's capable of so if you really want him to leave you know what to do if you think you can handle the situation without the police then you do that but if cant handle it then you need to get them envolve to protect you and him making that mistake again

    Answer by LovePassionate at 7:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • Your going to have to get other people involved whether you want to or not. Call the police, have you dad evict him, file a restraining order, and change the locks. After he's out, get a divorce and get on with your life.

    Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 8:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

  • i would tell him to get the hell out, i would have the cops there when i said man or woman deserves to get abused...i would get divorce papers and call the cops...

    Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.