I'm going to an event on the 28th and there happens to be a pool there. My daughter, Scarlett, is almost three months old. If I take Scarlett with me I know she'll do well in the water, she loves it!! But is there a certain time limit that I should allow her to stay in? I just dont want her to get sick, but I know she will enjoy it.

MommaJaymie

Asked by MommaJaymie at 2:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• If she's like most babies I know, she will let you know when she is done, and it won't be after very long at all. Most babies at this age don't like being submerged at all, but if she does, she'll probably only like it for a little while. If she goes longer than that, I think you've got yourself a future Olympian! LOL
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Just keep her protected from the sun, and make sure she's not drinking the water, but yeah let her have fun. If she gets fussy it's probably that swimming makes you hungry and tired :0)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Have you ever seen the babies (young ones) swimming under water? They love it. You can look that up on youtube and they have some great tips and it's amazing. She'll get fussy after awhile because being in a pool exhausts little ones. I, too say, don't let her drink the water. Chlorine is a poison. Remember even with a hat on the pool water reflects the sun onto her face and ears so protect her well. Enjoy!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 5:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Keep her protected from the sun & after you get out, change her diaper so her butt doesn't stay wet. She'll let you know if she wants out or if she's getting cold or hot. Have a great time!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 30, 2008