Me and my boyfriend have been trying to have a baby but i dont think i can get pregnant what advice do you have for me?

I used to have these irregular periods they just started to be normal about 2 months ago. I used to be on the shot about 4 years ago do you think that mess my chances of having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• An irregular period indicates a possible hormonal issue. Until you get a panel of blood tests done to find out why you have irregular periods, you won't know your fertility status for sure. I recommend getting an ovulation predictor to help you better identify the best time of the month for you to have sex for conception.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 7:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think you just have to give your body time to regulate itself. Being on the shot for 4 years probably just kinda goofed your cycle up a bit. If you wanted to you could probably call or make an appointment with your doctor to ask and see what he/she thinks. How long have you been off birth control?
    Anonymous

• I was on the shot about a year before I met my hubby. We tried having a baby from day one and a year later from that day (about 2 years after that shot) I got pregnant.... I think it takes longer for you to go back to normal.... but I also had to gain a few pounds. I do not believe it decreases the chances of having a baby. I guess don't give up! you said your periods just got normal 2 months ago... give it a few more months and see what happens!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009