• In the Spotlight:

burning during urination

I had a c-section 2 weeks ago. For the last few days it's been burning when i urinate...there isn't blood in my pee and I don't feel the pressure that comes with a UTI - I was wondering if this is just another lovely side effect of childbirth or if anyone else has had this...I don't have any swelling or anything down there. I have my post-op check up on Wednesday but I thought I'd see if anyone else might know what this is. It also doesn't burn everytime I go - just half the time or so....
thanks for any insight!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's probably just a UTI.
    Anonymous

• I would say there is a good chance that it IS a UTI... I would get checked out sooner than Wednesday because if it is a uti you don't want it to become a kidney infection
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It sounds like a UTI to me. I agree with Ami, get it checked tomorrow. Even if they can't fit you in for an appointment they should be able to test your urine.

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009