my baby is formulla feeding and hasnt have a bowel movement in about a week what can i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm, maybe some apple juice? my friend had this problem once and her doctor told her to put about a teaspoon of Karo Syrup in her bottle with her milk. Don't know if it works, she said it did
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 7:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• We used Karo Syrup with some water and/or sugar water. It worked like a charm. What kind of formula are you on? We were using Enfamil Lipil when my son was constipated for the first 5 weeks. We switched to Enfamil Gentlease, and he never had a problem. We went back to Enfamil LIpil a about 5 months and he's still doing great.
    Anonymous

• Sugar and iron blocks it up. Just go to the store and get children's glycerin suppositories. It's perfectly safe and works right away. I used them with all of my babies. One which had severe digestive issues and cared for by a specialist.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I strongly suggest speaking to your pediatrician. Depending how old the baby is, there are different things which can be done.

We used Gentlease with one of our sons, another had to go to soy, the doctor did suppositories a couple of times on one of the boys but it didn't work at all. (our pediatrician also told us not to use them on our own, but to check with them first so we would have the correct dosage. One time it was 1/4 and another was 1/2 of a suppository. We never used a whole one)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Get baby apple prune juice and mix it with water. Maybe 4oz total with only an ounce of juice. Warm it up and it should do the trick.
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My mother and grandmother used a little Karo (corn syrup.) But before dosing the baby I would find out what the pediatrician recommends.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• prune juice or apple juice with water works wonders!! to the point you may have to give a bath after!! lol...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• my ped told us to use dark Karo and it worked everytime!
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 10:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• its something in the natural sugars that un-constipates them that is found in the karo and apple and prune juices. My daughter is on soy and it binds her up really bad so we have to put a half ounce prune juice in one bottle a day. Keeps her perfectly regular.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2009