Was I right to be angry about this?

Well I was driving down the freeway which for sunday was unusually busy for here anyway...I pass this suburban with abortionNO.org advertised on it. which normally I would have no prob with free speech and all....but on it they had the gruesome images of aborted babies on it for ANYONE to see. Please understnd that I believe everyone is wntitles to thwir opinion i dont care if they are on public property screaming at the top of their lungs their ideals and values thats their right. I was completely angry because it was covered with the images I am thankful my daughter wasnt with me but felt for any parent that had their children with them passin their vehicle...not to mention just being a very real distraction for drivers creating a possible very real hazard for drivers. No matter your views wouldnt this bother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That would PISS ME OFF!!!! If I want to talk about that to my child, I don't want the conversation started from a bumper sticker with a dead baby on it!! War and drugs kill too but we don't stick pictures of dead soldiers and addicts on our cars.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It wouldn't bother me, it would just give me another conversation with my child.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If you are so easily distracted by bumper stickers you shouldn't be driving. Besides the difference between dead soldiers and dead babies, their mothers choose to abort instead of close their legs or use an IUD or even condoms.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 7:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I do agree this is a bit much and another thing I hate is bumper stickers with the f word comment on it for kids and elderly to see. Where is the respect for others in this country?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It is offensive, in my opinion, however images are also covered under free speech rights. You don't have the right not to be offended.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm pro life but I do not support pictures of aborted babies being advertised like that. Children can see that and its wrong.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 7:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Of course you were in the right to be angry about such an "in your face" display! Heck I get angry when I see a "Yes We Did" bumper sticker on a car! LOL!

It wasn't "2mothershelpers" driving was it?! LOL
    Anonymous

• I'm against abortion, but I do think those images of dead babies are too much. I'm not sure who I would call to complain about that, but I would find out. Like you said, it is distracting as well as inappropriate.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Oh, I thought it was a billboard at first, which would be really inappropriate. So is a bumper sticker though. I don't care what side of the argument someone is on. My question is, how could someone walk pass their OWN car if it had a sticker like that on it and not get grossed out? I couldn't do it, I would just be too creeped out.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Why do you people care about other peoples lives? It does NOT affect your life when someone you dont know dies.

MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009