What are some good party ideas for a little girl who will be turning 4?

mamajody0507

Asked by mamajody0507 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I just went to a birthday party for a 3 year old and it was a ton of fun. Not sure what your budget is, but the parents had a petting zoo and pony rides. They came together through one company and stayed for about an hour. It was awesome. Unfortunately, my son is only 1 y/o so he didn't enjoy it as much as some of the older kids. They also had one of those Fischer Price bounching houses that they borrowed from a friend. The kids had a ton of fun and were completely wiped out at the end of the party :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Good question! My son is turning 4 on the 14th! I guess we are just having a cookout and pool party here at the house. That way it will not be so stressful and crazy doing it somewhere else. I went to a ChuckECheese party for a 4 year old last year and I thought it was so crazy!! The place makes you hurry cause you only have a certain amount of time and its hard to gather all the kids around for gifts and cake when they are all around playing. So, im skipping the hassle this year. Next year will be a big blow out though! Good Luck
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 7:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I remembered another party from this year too ... I live in MI and we have these places called Jump Up! They are buildings that have a bunch of those blow up bouncing houses. A friend of mine, whose son was turning 4, invited a bunch of people to go to their Pop-In time, then they all went to McDonalds afterwards. The kids loved it! I couldn't go but I saw the pics and they looked awesome. You could also book a party too, and it comes with a bunch of stuff, but it can be expensive. Also I'm not sure if they have these in your area.

You could also have a picnic at a local park where they also have a pool.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i think the best bet is an outside party. get a small pool (or a sprinkler), throw a bunch of balls in the backyard, bbq and let the kids have fun. if you want to go with more of a theme, you could do dress up as your fav character then do games based on your daughters favorite character.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• a dance party!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooot
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 9:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You should be able to get all kinds of ideas from the themes shown on this link

http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 12:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Barbie, Dora, Princesses, dress up, tea party. Ladybug theme, a garden party. Whatever the little girl is into.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2009