how can i get rid of my headache? im 28 wks

i have had an on going headache since friday evening i hae tried taking tylenol three times over the weekend and it does not go away i was up pretty late the last couple of nights so maybe i just need to get a good nights sleep any suggestions would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• headaches suck. stay hydrated, take your vitamins and eat as nutritionally as you can. try pinching the pad between your thumb and pointer finger on each hand. thats a pressure point for headaches that works for me most the time. also, a cure for hangover headaches in holland is pickles, a swig of pickle juice usually helps me too
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i've been having a huge problem with headaches since i got prego (i'm 16ish weeks). tylenol rarely helps me & your lack of sleep is probably what's doin' it - the only thing that knocks mine out is a nice nap. feel better :)
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Pregnant headaches are the pits. I found a lot of relief in those mentholated Migraine relief sticky pads that you put on your forehead - even if my headache was mostly in my neck, having one on my forehead was SO helpful. Better than on my actual neck, and better than the temple ones. JME! And if you need to take a minimal amount of Tylenol every now and then to get some sleep, don't beat yourself up.

Heat on the back of your neck can also help. Combined with the cool pad on the forehead was heavenly for me.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Make sure you're getting enough fluids. Sometimes dehydration can cause them.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Ugh I remember the headaches!!! I never had a migraine in my life until I was pregnant! Have you tried Extra Strength Tylenol? Or just regular Tylenol? Try to just drink lots and lots of water.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009