Does anyone else feel invisible since their kids were born??

You know until my 5 year old was born I was my parents baby. They used to call me and say how's my baby and they were talking about me, not anymore!!LOL, Oh and God forbid that hubby or I either go to our parents without our daughter, we walk in and the first question " where is the baby, why isn't she with you?". Hello do our parents not want to see us anymore? Do we not count? My husband jokingly told our mother's one day that he was getting a job in a town 4 hours away. That is when they informed us we could go, but we were NOT taking their baby. Of course if we had to move they wouldn't do that. But really don't you feel like you don't count anymore? I think it's funny though.

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 8:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hehe I understand...I am 38 weeks prego and anytime one of our mothers call now the first question is hows the baby doing....it doesn't bother me at all but I can't imagine how they will be when he gets here lol!
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Jealously?

Your parents are just being grandparents. Most obsess over the grandbaby especially if its the first one.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 8:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• yes my bf gives all the attioen
    ilovewes

Answer by ilovewes at 8:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• the baby
    ilovewes

• If you didn't catch on I am kidding about it I am in no way jealous of it.. It is true but it doesn't bother me.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• oh it gets worse believe me. My daughter went to a mother's morning out for the past 2 years and my name now is " Jaylyn's mom" thats what all the kids call me and when mother's introduce themselves they say "you are Jaylyn's mom right?" So I guess I am just Jaylyn's mom now!! LOL
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I feel like it's kinda the opposite with me. I felt invisible until I had my first child. My oldest sister especially didn't usually have much to do with me. Mostly because there was 17 years between us. But now we talk a couple of times a week. I now have something to talk about with other women. It's like I gained my right of passage as a woman after having a baby. Kinda sucks that I had to wait till I was 28 to get it, though. Update: I'm now 31 and 30 weeks preg. with my second daughter.
    Paulam515

Answer by Paulam515 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009