Are there any home remedies to get rid of Spider Veins on the back of your legs?

I'm 27 and I have a one year old, but I don't know where I got these atrocious spider veins on the back of my legs. When I was single all I wore was heels and I did a lot of running, but what caused them and how can I effectively get rid of them with no surgery involved?(if that is even possible?)

mrstremblay

Asked by mrstremblay at 8:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• The only procedure that I know of to clear these is a doctor puts a needle into the vein and essentially drains it. This is not even a permanent procedure. These veins can and do come back. I knew of a woman that had severe spider veins, she was a nurse and very overweight. She lost the weight and wanted her legs to look better. She had it done, but the veins eventually came back. It sounds painful to me, so unless they are horrible I don't know. Maybe ask your reg. doc. the next time you see her. And for that matter, I think I will ask mine and let you know what she says.

My gyn office offers skin rejuvination, permanent makeup options, all kinds of crazy stuff. I want a tummy tuck, but my sil Deb, says she has a friend that died from the procedure. Prob. a staph infection, but still....scarey!

It does seem like stress on the leg muscles might aggravate the veins and make them appear more.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009