How do I groove myself into a new schedule?

Ok, so my daughter and I are pretty consistent with how we run our day everyday, but its starting to wear on me... I stay up late, she goes to bed at 8pm. But, since I'm a quazi-single mom for the time being and that is my only "alone" time I stay up late to indulge myself with t.v., eating and social network sites, what is the most effective way to change my schedule so I can quit being a HOT mess and work our more and have more energy?? I try to go to bed early and it never happens....
To me sites like cafemom are causing more harm to me than good! I sit in a chair instead at night of working out or cleaning house!!! LOL
What is our world coming to??

mrstremblay

Asked by mrstremblay at 8:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I like to eat my meals before 5pm if possible. And the latest 7 or 7:15 pm. BUT, if you have a tendency to stay up too late you'll find yourself grubbing around in the kitchen for a snack. So be sure and drink a full glass of water and you won't be as likely to hunt for something that is adding pounds to the duff.

Set your alarm to go off at 8am every morning. Thats a good time to get up and have plenty of time to get things done before noon. After a couple of weeks, your body will naturally begin to wake up at that time. Getting up early gives the body energy for some reason not to mention so much of our day that is productive is done before noon. :)

Try it and see if it works for you.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You know I make a schedule and I stick to it.Of course my dd is in school so I plan my workouts around that.I do tend to change it around if there is something thatc omes up.I dont eat after 7 at night,whether or not I am online or up watching television.Its hard to make change,but if you do it and stick with it,you will see a difference.With summer coming up I have to switch my schedule around and and plan my workouts before dd gets up.If you want to come up with a schedule just make it realistic,start small and make small changes over time.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Wow! That is what I need to do! Eat before 7pm. She goes to bed at 8pm, so by the time I make myself dinner its after 8pm. That's just piling on the pounds right there.

She just started swim lessons this morning, so it had me at the gym at 8am in the pool and then I tried to do a workout, but I didn't eat breakfast, so by 930 I was starving and left! LOL I just feel so unorganized and like I'm sabotaging myself! you know?
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 9:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009