What do you think when you see a heavy person? Be honest.

At one point in my life I would never admit it but when I was skinny I thought I was better than someone who was overweight. Now that I am heavy (just lost 30 lbs yay!) I see how differently I am treated out in public, looking for jobs(I have a great job, but I have been denied jobs because I was bigger than the 90 lb. girls that worked at the salon, told I wouldn't be a good "fit". I used to get out of tickets, got lots of attention, lots of stuff. Anyway, I think I am a better person for gaining the weight. I see how hard it is for others and how my attitude was towards them. But yeah I'm ready to lose it!(the attitude and the weight)

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i see people like that and i cant judge them becuase they may have a medical problem
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I dont judge. I deal with a lot of patients who have thyroid disorder...and they cant help when they gain weight sometimes. You never know someones reasoning for being overweight.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 8:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I also see how frustrating it is when people accuse you of being a pig, or you just don't exercise or they even are negative when are losing weight! Wow!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I hear you. I was always on the chunky side. I go up and down. Never thin and never too heavy. Don't want to say how much I weigh though. I thought you were going to ask about real fat, obese people you see riding around the stores in those ride on carts. They are disgusting. Or the very, very morbidly obese who are bedridden. Yes, when I was thinner I got a lot more attention too. But, I find if I smile first I get one back.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I don't care, really. If they are overweight, I figure it's just a fact of their life. If they are excessively overweight, I usually wonder if they have a medical condition or else something emotional that causes them to gain weight.
    Either way, I treat everyone with respect. We all have skinny minds. Our bodies are just a tent.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I am overweight by at least 70lbs (and thats just what I want to lose, not by BMI) When I see an overweight person I always think about the average sized skeleton under there. I think about how hard it is to be in this society, I think about taking a daily walk so I can lose some weight too. Honestly right now my arms have curves and it stinks, lol.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My grandmother is 400 plus and my mom and dad are both big people so I don't look at people and think they are at fault My family has a thyroid problem they can't help it however bc they are over weight it helped me maintain my weight. I am not skinny but before I got pg I was 145. A healthy enigh weight.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I am talking about excessivley overweight people! I gained 100 lbs!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• well, to tell you the truth, most of my friends are heavy. I have way more fun with them. They aren't worried about stuff that doesn't matter and we have such a great time. I am not overweight, but it is because I have Scleroderma. I have to eat so carefully, that I don't gain weight. But I love people who aren't out for a beauty or bathing suit contest and just like spending time together and having fun.
    1daughter5sons

Answer by 1daughter5sons at 8:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The size of the person is not what I look at... I have a pretty rounded group of friends, some twigs some over weight, some avg... its not size but how they carry themselves & the pride of taking care of themselves. you can be 90lbs or 900lbs but if u dress, act, & present yourself with confidence & respect then ppl will treat u the same.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2009