when you recieve that extra blessing from God,

like maybe a bonus a promotion, your kids gets good grades or something like that. How do you praise and thank God?

My children were late coming home on a rainy day in the mountains a few days ago. When they came up the drive way the first thing I thought was thank God. For some reason I didn't run and qeustion them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with army wife. I thank God all day,everyday. Yesterday morning, my DH had to call an ambulance for me. We thought I was having a heart attack. When we got to the hospital,my BP was 173/138! They managed to get it down,and did all the tests for a heart attack. Glory to God, it wasn't. I have Fibromyalgia,and knew I was going into a Fibro flare a few days ago,and it was the flare of all flares! LOL. That's where the chest pain,and everything else was coming from. Plus, I obviously found out I have high blood pressure. I have an appt this afternoon with my family doctor,to get something to keep it in check. It runs in my family,so I'm not surprised. But, I and my husband,and the whole family were praising and thanking God right there in the ER. He truly saw us through what could have been a really bad time.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i just say thank you god, or ashley out loud ( she my little sisther that passed away)
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 8:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I say "Thank you Goddess" or "Thank the Gods".

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thank you Jesus! You know you are all knowing and knows the desire of your childrens heart.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Do you ever feel the thank you isn't enough? I say thank you all day everyday. I feel there should be more.
    Anonymous

• I don't find your examples as extra blessings from the Gods. Those are just normal things that occur. Just because we are happy with those results don't mean for me that those things are blessings from the Gods. The blessings the Gods bestow on us is the relationship we have with them, not objects or material results. But I don't question where the impulse for praise comes from. If I'm drawn to give praise, I do. I just don't tie it to something good that happened to me and mine. By the same token I don't blame the Gods for when things go wrong in my life either.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I give credit where credit is due. If my kids get good grades, that's down to THEM, not god.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 9:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My husband was in a car accident on Thursday.  He put our Pontiac Sunfire into a telephone pole after the traction gave way on a wet and windy road.  The car is totaled, he walked away with very very very minor injuries.

Believe me when I tell you I was thanking anyone and everyone. 

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• SarahColbert,then this question wasn't really for you now was it.
    Anonymous

• But the main question is how I give praise. It varies and it depends on the impulse. I've broken into song, tears, dancing, chanting, prostration, deep meditation, various votive offerings, and at times specific acts or works dedicated to a particular God/dess. I don't often say "thank you" as I find those words meaningless and don't convey at all the emotions that I feel.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009