what do you think when a mature woman has finally got her degree?

Anyone that is contemplating getting a degree or going for finishing or starting a college ed. please join in and see how determined it's getting for you. I am pursuant to attend a nearby school for a specific health type degree and want some shared info /input on how you are doing and what it's like if/ when you arrived in school. Do you see the area progressive or not? Why? Is now a good time to become a professional / and what is the best choice in the hospital setting for women in our mature years. (non-lifting)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• all the degrees out to be had are well worth the time, hopefully it is the pass that gets some of us women the place we wish to be in, Yes it's been good for me I am in a position that pays well and it was a boost . As for the way to go in the company nobody will dispute the effort and it will get you looked at. I would say I passed by others with the paper proof of exp. of education.
    Anonymous

• Have you had any informational interviews with people currently working in your chosen field? This is the best way to learn if this is the right career for you.
    I am not sure what you mean by mature, but my sister was 38 when she completed her Masters and I am considering restarting a Masters program next year, just after I turn a number that I can bring myself to mention that rhymes with shifty.
    Just make sure that you are attending a for-profit school; they exist, by law, to make money for their shareholders/owners, education is not their priority. Additionally, you may find that your credit hours won't transfer to another school. Your local community college is the best option for a returning student.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2009