okay so it realllly makes me angry when

I turn on the TV and see the starving children in Ethiopia or whatever. Why the hellllll are these damn people still having kids when they know they can't take care of them? Grrr! I want to save every kid I see on there, but isn't it really awful of a person to have kids when they know they cant feed them or provide clean water or clothes. I think it's completely selfish! If I lived there I would NOT have kids, because I couldn't watch my children starve or die... Why don't these people feel this way? ugh! I want to slap them all. So I say feed the kids cause its not their fault but eff the parents. Send them CONDOMS not food. Stupid people!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have often wondered about this as well...
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It doesnt work that way there. They dont have the knowledge and though I m sure that there are people that have tried to educate them and been somewhat successful, they still have the religious barrier to overcome. Remember they have their own faith and beliefs and also the man lording over the women is one of their beliefs. They dont receive things like we do and they might not be making the connection. I mean if you think its easy to get an ethiopian man to wear a condom, then youre not seeing past your own world. Hell, there are american men with all the knowledge in the world that still wont wear them. If a women were to try and say no, they would likely get beaten. Its just not the same world. I did read a national geographic mag in the chiro office the other day and they showed food industries over many parts of the world and how the economy was going there. I saw a starving E child and I began to tear up. Its awful.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• If you lived there you would have children that you couldn't feed because there is no birth control in most places, and in the places that it is available either the men won't allow their wives to use it, or the women are afraid to use it because of superstitions against it. (They have been told if they once take one birth control pill they will never have children, or they will die in childbirth, or all sorts of things.) Many children are born from rape in Africa because there is a belief that a man with AIDS will be cured by having sex with a virgin--sometimes the "virgins" are as young as 5 yrs old. This means another person with AIDS, and possibly a baby to beborn with it as well. You cannot judge things in another country by the way things are done here.
    Anonymous

• I wholeheartedly agree! I think there should be mandatory sterilization for all poor women in third world countries. Then there wouldn't be all these starving children.
    Anonymous

• If you lived there you would have children that you couldn't feed because there is no birth control in most places,

No I wouldn't. When we could not afford birth control we would not have intercourse we had a lot of oral sex and mutual masterbation but were responsible when we could not afford our children. I would rather not have a child ever if I could not properly care for that child.
    Anonymous

• Well my theory is because its nature to continue your bloodline so they have alot of babies in the hopes that one will survive. No different than the reason for animals to have several babies at once. It give a higher chance of a survivor.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

-----------------------------------
    ------------------------------------
    That's unrealistic and very "American" of you, to think it's that simple.

If I was married I wouldn't be just giving oral sex just because I'm in a third world country. How disgusting of you to judge someone else when you are more fortunate than them. Congratulations. Ugh.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 9:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• a lot of those women have no control over their sexuality.. they do as they are told by their husbands.. its very sad but it happens there and it happens HERE too by men who are raised in other countries and think they are superiour to their wives.. My mom is a nurse and told me a story about a woman who almost hemmoraged to death 3 days after her child was born because she COULDN"T say no to her husband who was continuing to have sex with her. He almost killed her, but she wasn't allowed to say no because of her heritage and beliefs.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• You know what makes me really angry? When I see people who care more about the starving children that women keep popping out in Ethiopia over the starving, uncared for children that women keep popping out in the U.S. It's the lack of women having control over their own bodies and lives that results in that. If they're so uneducated over there, then what is the excuse here in the states?
    Anonymous

• Why don't you get better educated about the subject before you mouth off on something you know nothing about.
    Besides, if your theory was correct, there would be no babies in America on welfare---and we all know how that is going in our county.
    Get offline and go read a book or something.
    Anonymous