What Will Happen To My Baby?!

Ok I just found out that im 8 weeks pregnant and I've been smoking weed this whole time. But since i've found out i've stopped smoking, but whats making me a nervous wreck is since I've been smoking for 8 weeks and didnt know I prego will this affect my baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The important thing is that you stopped. So there's no since in worrying about it, you can't change it. From what I've read I think you should be ok. Just be calm and talk with your doctor about it when you go.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Most likely not as long as you don't do it anymore.
    I did a few drugs (worse ones) before I knew I was pregnant, and baby is due any day now and she's a healthy little girl!
    Anonymous

• The baby will probably be ok. I drank(quite a bit) before I found out at 8 weeks also, and the baby is fine. I wouldn't worry about it. How much did u smoke?
    Anonymous

• Its embarrsing to say but about 5 to 6 blunts a day
    Anonymous

• I smoked and found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks... I did smoke a couple other times during the first 3 months, NOT much at all!!! Maybe a hit in the morning to take away morning sickness once a week if that!!! i stopped for GOOD right when I saw baby at 11 weeks. My child came out alert, fine, has hit all her milestones way in advance, shows no sign of any problems. Not crosseyed.. nothing! perfectly normal.
    I will say do not continue smoking, I'm not saying smoking is the correct thing to do, but from people I've known and my own experiences, baby is fine and will be fine!
    Anonymous

• No your baby will be fine. I have known people who smoked the whole pregnancy, there babies were fine. You did a great thing by stopping. I did not agree with them and I wouldn't, but the baby will be fine.
    Taheehee706825

Answer by Taheehee706825 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think everything will be fine. There are a ton of people who do things that they shouldn't while pregnant because they don't know they are.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 8:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• ok its really good that u stopped and dont beat urself up over it i did the same thing i was smoking weed and didnt know i was prego with my daughter and she is just fine healthy as can be ,and there is no proof that weed effects the baby it dose not pass threw the uterus like cocaine or them other worse drugs so u stopped the baby will be fine : )
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Many many many many moms go through this. As long as you stop as soon as you know you'll be fine, Be sure to let your doc know just so they have the entire picture. You're baby will be just fine. Don't stress though because the stress isn't good for either of you.

Congrats!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• What you are seeking is reassurance that none of us can provide since none of us are medical trained physicians. Those who speculate that your baby will be okay are just expressing wishful thinking and trying to give you some peace of mind. the truth of the matter is that you will not know even after the baby is born since there could be developmental problems down the road. Also, there could be none, is a gamble you are taking, there is no way to really know.

What is in the past, you cannot change, you did what you did period, no amount of remorse can change that. What is important is that you stop doing it and that you will be more selective in your choices. Choose to be the best mom you can be no matter what the situation. Best luck to you and I send you wishes for a healthy baby.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009