I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONCEIVE IN ABOUT 5 YRS I HAVE ONE SON. I FINALLY MADE AN APPT WITH MY OBGYN. I GOT THE COURAGE TO (AFRAID TO FIND OUT I WAS INFERTILE)SHOULD I ASK HIM ABOUT PCOS OR LET HIM DIAGNOSE ME WITHOUT TELLING HIM WHAT I THINK I MIGHT HAVE?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if you have PCOS he'll find it anyways. Do you have regular periods? are you over weight? My sister has PCOS and she might have a period once a year. and She is pretty overweight, but when she does start she will lose 10 lbs like nothing. But you're doc. will know if you do.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• talk to your doc. make the most of your appt. describe your issues. write down anything you want to ask or talk about, so you remember and have it when you are sitting in front of them.
    if you suspect pcos tell them. and tell them why you do.
    good luck
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• if he's a good doctor he will know what to test you for...for the most part they do bloodwork which includes tests for PCOS...GL
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 11:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009