8 weeks Pregnant & I Have Diabetes

Im a Diabetic and I've been so since I was 14. Im 21 now and Im expecting my first child, basically I never really controlled my diabeties But now that I found out that I'm Pregnant I've been watching what I eat and my sugar. But since I didnt watch my sugar in the beginning will this have an affect on my baby??

FirstMomtobe21

Asked by FirstMomtobe21 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as you keep an eye on things from here on out, you should be fine. I'd say it would be a great idea to join a group for diabetic pregnant moms on here to get good tips on how to control it and see a nutritionist as well.

Hey... congrats on your pregnant!
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i would say the same...stay on top of things from here on out and you two should be fine. there should be classes you can take in your home town too that can help you out or even at your ob/gyn office they would have more info for you.
    bpierce

Answer by bpierce at 9:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009