40 weeks, 1 day. How do I keep my contractions going?

I've been walking- my big toe has a pretty deep cut from accidentally stepping on a piece of glass and now my foot is just too sore to walk on anymore today. They are 4-6 minutes apart right now, but I've already gone in twice this week and they've stopped. I dont want them to stop this time!!!!
Any suggestions as to what to do to keep them going? (I've had the runs, TMI- sorry but that makes sex one of those things I definitely dont wanna do.
Anything else aside from walking and sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i say Castro oil it wont hurt the baby i did it and she is healthy as can be u can get it from the store take a big spoon full with i found soda is the best and sit back and wait i took it at about 10 am and at 6 pm i had my first contraction and by 1230 am i was crying and on my way to the hospital 20 hours later i gave birth to the most perfect 7 pound 11 oz baby girl i have ever seen lol
    sariahsmommy1

Answer by sariahsmommy1 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm sure it doesn't happen every time, but not every pregnancy and baby are the same. I didn't even drink castro oil but my son had merconium (sp) so I had to have a c-section. I wouldn't do anything to increase your chances with that because the castro oil will stress the baby out.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Don't use castro oil. it can cause the baby to have a bowel movement inside you, my doctor told me.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 9:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• SEX!
    Anonymous

• I would just try and walk if you can, castor oil might cause the baby to have a BM but some midwifes say try it. no more than 2 ounces and you can add that to a liquid but remember its oil so it separates. Other than those things, sex helps. I would just keep timing them. eventually the baby will come.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I'm 41 weeks and I've tried everything. Nothing has worked for me yet.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• update- contractions started to peter out. Took castor oil- 12 hours later it worked for me. OB said no more than 2 oz and there was no fetal distress or anything bad happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2009