What is your best relationship advice?

Bc at this point I need all the help I can get.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I'll pass on the best advice I got...Read Dr. Laura's "The proper care and feeding of husbands" My marriage was on the road to divorce and now we're heading towards a recovery all because I listened to a friend and read that book. I was skeptical at first, but I admit that it really did help and actually made me feel better.
    angel551983

Answer by angel551983 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Don't sweat the small stuff.......Any man you meet is going to have issues just like everyone does. The only difference is the next man you would meet would have a whole different set of issues than the last one had. Good luck!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My best advice is SPEAK whatever is on your mind. Men cannot read our minds in any way, shape or form. They do not think like women and in fact have an entirely different sense of logic. You know the old saying "communication is key". It is imperative. If you ever get to a point where talking doesn't make a difference anymore and you are way on different pages, then maybe you have a decision to make about the relationship.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Don't get upset over little things. It's pointless and life is too short. Save it for major issues, like cheating or disrespecting you, etc. It's something I have to remind myself almost everyday, because I have a short fuse at times.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

I agree 100% !!!!!
    tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 10:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Don't go into it thinking or hoping that your going to change the person. If it bothers you enough you want him to change then it's going to bother you more in 5-10 years.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Wake up every day like its a brand new day in your relationship. no matter what the fight was last night..youll never come out alive if you live angry at one another. This is actually my relationship motto I say to everything " If hes not cheating on me, or beating me it can be worked out" I have to tell myself that alot. My parents divorced when i was 6. I dont wish that on any child. Unless its an abusive marriage. I often find so many people taking it for granted "opting out for divorce" in the mind set of "Ill find someone better" when really its not better..just diifferent man with different problems!
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 12:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2009