Question about Java updates and deleting the old updates.

When I'm using a program like Java and I get a message saying there's an update available, can I delete the older one? For example, if I look on my computer's programs, I have Java update 4, Java update 5, Java update 6 and so on. I didn't know if it would affect any of my programs if I were to delete the older updates. Can anyone help, please?

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine automatically takes the old verison away.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• The libraries that I import in my programs still compile.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I researched the difference of the upgrade. What I found is-

key points of Sun Java JRE 6 Update 13

Download Java Update
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Something to remember - The job trend these days are either Cisco or A Plus certification. IMO, the best way for practical direction is to contact the military CPAC (Civilian Personnel Advisory Center - the Appropriated side) at your nearest military post.

Something to laugh at (or maybe cry). I tried looking for a civilian job as a programmer. Of many language I know, I have worked with PHP for eight years. I found a contractual position for $50,000 that uses PHP Lamp, and requests at least four years with the interface. I have never heard of the interface. That's the movements of technology these days. Bewildering!!!

BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009