Dog breed?

What breed is your dog and why did you choose that breed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pets

• We have 2 american pitbull terriers that we rescued from death row...they adopted us =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We have a 9 year old male shorthaired dachshund. (don't know if I spelled that right) His name is Sydney and he is adorable. We got him because I always loved those weiner dogs. Sooo cute. I also like tea cup Yorkies and chiuauas. ( can't spell that for anything) tiny tea cup ones. I love little dogs.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Well my husband had a boxer before we met and got married. Very hyper, gets in to everyhting and always in your face. Frankly, in my opinion he is not the ideal dog but I guess its all in how you train. I have a Yellow Lab. I got her because I wanted a family dog. She is very gentle and loving and GREAT with kids. She is wonderful with my 1 year old. very patient. He can pretty much do anything to her and she doesnt blink an eye.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• We have a German Shepard / Akita mix. We picked her because something about her called to us at the shelter. Her name is Dakota, she's 11 and thinks she is still a puppy.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• We have two Whippets. We were going to rescue a retired racing Greyhound and during our research about Greyhounds, we learned about Whippets. When we started looking for apartments we ended up settling on one that had a 35 lb weight limit which made us go with a Whippet instead of a Greyhound. We now own our own home and eventually would still like to rescue a retired racer at some point but with a baby on the way, it isn't going to be anytime soon.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• We have a pitbull and she is amazing in every way.
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• We have a Lab mix. He's a great dog. However we didn't particularly pick him. My sister (who is an idiot when it comes to the care and welfare of animals) gave him to us. We were looking into a lab mix before we got him, because we plan on going to the lake a lot this summer and wanted a dog that could really be apart of all that with us. So far he's working out pretty good!!
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 12:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i have agermansheperd/rotti mix name dante. he weighs about 100lbs and hes the biggest baby and the best babysitter for kids. he has saved my dd life befor and for that im forever in his debt. we rescued from death row. he was 4 month and he had been at the shelter for 3 months! it was a toss up between him a a hound puppy that just got there...but he was on death row due to die the next day so we took him
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have a chiuahuah rat terrier mix. I got him because my dad would only let my mom and I have a small dog, thinking that we wouldn't want to keep him longer than a few months. Haha to him because we've had him for almost over ten years.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have 4 a chihuahua and a rat terrier a queensland and an australian shepherd.
    mom1096

Answer by mom1096 at 3:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2009