• In the Spotlight:

Is your dog trained?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pets

• My dogs are trained, and one is personal protection trained...she kinda taught my other Rottweiler how to do her job, too. I feel SO safe!
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 9:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yes
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• House broken, crate trained, sit, stay, one will get a drink when you tell her, go lay down, etc. One is good on the leash and the other is okay - depends on where we are.

One thing they are bad about is when I want to go into the backyard without them. It is sooooo difficult to get out the door because they always want to go out there and play, even if we just came from outside. On the other hand, they are really good about not going out the front door without their leashes on, which is good since there is no fence in the front yard.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• yes
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• fully...we paid $3000 for "doggy boot camp"...worth every penny =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 1 outta 3 is.. but..the other 2 are just puppies so they are a work in progress!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes. I used "Training dogs the natural way" and it worked perfectly. Also, I love to listen to Cesar Milan. His info is extremely useful and it works. :) My two shih tzus are lovely to have in the home.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yes and they are near perfect and free of charge. i train all my dogs. everyone tells me how wonderful dogs i have and how they listen. of course they would i'm pack leader.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• One of mine are trained. He knows all the basics and I stopped at that. He was 3-4 when we got him and it took me forever to teach him basics. I have a puppy now that i 4 months old and she has got most of the basics down. We are going to be working with her a lot more though because I plan on training her for pulling competitions.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• we've only had our puppy about a month (she's 6 months now) - she was housebroken almost overnight (she pretty much goes on command) and learned come, sit, and lie down in minutes - so well, in fact that she'd come and lie at my feet when i'd call her. she knows up and she doesn't play with the baby's toys and she knows to go to her crate at night for bed.
    she's bearable on the leash, but we're going to have to work on that, and i want to train her to stay away from the door when i answer it, as she's always running out it as soon as its open. other than that we have no complaints - and a free session of doggy day camp to redeem from when we adopted her, so i'm sure she'll learn even more - i know i want to do more with her, the fun stuff, ya know? she loves fetch, and i'd love to teach her more games. she's such a quick, eager learner! we clicker train, btw - at least i did with the sit, lie down, come stuff.....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009