I pray that I am able to find away to get a divorce

does that really make me a horrible person? As long as I don't get remarried there is no sin right? Living with a person who calls me a whore and bitch in front of my children is a bigger sin right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is a passage in the bible that says that it is ok to get a divorce I don't remember where it is, before I got my divorce I would pray and my bible would open up to that place. Men are suppose to love their wives as they love themselves. My exhusband used to be abusive to me now he abuses other women. I don't think that there is anything wrong with getting remarried either.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:06 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• OF COURSE ITS NOT A SIN! do you believe God wants that for you??? I dont! Dont worry about sin, cuz your not doing anything wrong, God wants you to LOVE YOURSELF not get treated like crap
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 9:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Oh I am so sorry you have to go through something like this. In my opinion, I think you really need not worry about this being a sin or not and do what is right for you and your children. Growing up in that type of environment is terribly damaging, and though am not an expert at the Jesus thing but I don't think Jesus or God would ever want that for one of his children.
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 9:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I b elieve that if you are in a bad relationship and you get a divorce it is not wrong and not a dont believe God holds it against me.My first marriage went bad and I got married again and I dont think God holds it against me.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• To me, it would be more of a sin not to protect your children by leaving an abusive man and not provide those children with a stable male figure in the form of a second husband if such a man was available to you. Its not that one sin is bigger than another but that inaction results in more sins, sin of inaction, sin of failure to protect, sin of causing continual harm, and so on.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I would boot his butt and not give him the satisfaction of divorce.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• im sorry that he is doing this to you. im going to pray for you and your family.. Here is a verse I thought off...

It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

—Matthew 5:31-32
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• hinson.. oh THAT'S gonna make her feel better. Sheesh.

As to the actual question. My ex husband was just as bad, calling me names, insulting me, belittling me in front of friends, strangers, whoever. I used to lay in bed next to him praying he'd get deployed (he's in the Air Force) to an active war zone... then I'd lay there and spend my insurance money in my head. It was the only thing that got me through some days.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• God hates divorce, but He does not want you to be abused mentally or emotionally. It is not a sin to divorce if you want out and he isn't willing to change. I'm a blended family so I would have to admit that it's not easy either when you remarry there are other issues too. So pray about asking him to go to counseling at your church.

Here's your answer
    http://www.carm.org/christianity/bible/what-does-bible-teach-about-divorce
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• no sin is any bigger or less bigger than the other. in God's eyes it's all equal. no you should not be with someone that treats you badly and if you got remarried it is not a sin. God is a forgiving God and loves us all no matter what. We are all his children and He wants only the best for us. I have been married 3 times and I feel closer to God now more than I ever did, I felt God gave me my last two marriages so that I appreciated my husband that I have now. Everything that happens in life is all part of Gods plan to prepare you for something bigger than we could ever imagine :)
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2009