How does an iui work and how soon will I know if I am pregnant?

Hi ladies. I have had all types of tests or should include my husband as well. All tests came back showing nothing out of the ordinary. When the doctor asked what we wanted to do next, we said clomid because I have heard of so many success stories with clomid. We said if it doesn't work, an iui. Well, he wanted us to do the clomid and iui's with hcg triggers for three months. After that, he is planning on sending us to a specialist. I have talked with other doctors who stated that this is the best doctor for an iui. He didn't give us any instructions only to not bd the day before the iui because of the injection. I am 3dpiui and waiting. I don't feel anything strange. There was no cramping after iui, but now I feel cramping on and off. I walked three miles today around the track hoping this will increase my chance of conception. What other things can I do? I have already given up caffeine and sugar free items. Any advice!

Desiring3

Asked by Desiring3 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i am 4DPIUI and am not feeling anything except cramping, we used femara and HCG. i believe it is way to early to tell....if conception will occur it probably already had 2 days ago or whenever you ovulated as the egg only lives 12-24 hours after it is released....if it is a good embryo it will implant around day 8-10 give or take no matter what you do to help it along. just keep taking your vitamins and treat your body as if you were already pregnant...GL
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 11:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I had 5 cycles of failed IUI and are feeling very disappointed & stressful. This month will be my last cycle of IUI, after that, my gynae has advised us to leave it naturally. There was no definite answer as to why the IUI has failed. My gynae felt that everything was in the right place but probably timing still not right for us. Hopefully God will bless you soon....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2009