Has your mil ever "invited herself" to go with you to your ob-gyn appts?

My mil invited herself to my 8 week appt, and she totally embarrassed me! I never allowed her to go with me again! What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes she tried and she has also invited herself in the hospital room for labor and delivery but I had to step up and hurt her feelings to let her know she wasn't welcome but I would call her after the appointments and she could be in the waiting room and visit with us soon after the birth. Being pregnant is about you and baby don't let her make you uncomfortable.
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• yes and it pisses me off she dont need to be there and she tells every one every thing that had happened so rude
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 9:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Eeew, no. Stand up for yourself woman! Tell her "Hey, you know what, I think it's my business who is around at my doctors appointments, thank you!"
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• OP

My mil is also a big gossip. She wanted to go to my appt so she'd have something to tell her side of the family!
    Anonymous

• aww... sorry that happened. maybe you could talk to her. do you guys get along? I loved having WHO-EVER go with me.. lol... our first ultrasound was in a tiny room & guess who was there?
    My DH, My MIL AND my grand-mother in law! It was great!
    Also. when i gave birth my own mother fell apart. if she would have had it her way id be drugged & clueless of the pain- not what i wanted!.. My MIL saved me entirely. she was the BEST COACH- EVER- ! I felt lucky to have her at my side(dh passed out during first contraction so spent the rest of L&D in waiting room!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• No, the only person that ever went with me was my DH. MIL never even asked.
    Anonymous