How do your kids address your Ex's girlfriend?

My friend has an issue with her Ex husband's girlfriend asking her (my friend's) kids to call her Aunt. Seems odd to me. My friend doesn't like it either. Your thoughts? Is this appropriate?

hopelessnance

Asked by hopelessnance at 9:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Lots of families us "auntie" or "uncle" to describe close familly friends. It seems like a nice compromise to me between, "complete stranger my daddy's schtupping" and "mommy".

In my opinion, as long as it's a term agreeable to the dad, the girlfriend and the kid and doesn't step on any mommy-toes, it's a good name.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i guess it would depend on how long they've been together. if they've been together for a few years than it may be that she considers the kids family. but otherwise i'd have an issue with it it would seem weird to me.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009