are you overweight & go to the gym?

how did you get the courage to go!? Everyone at the gym (YMCA!) is so fit & running for-ev-er on their treadmills so gracefully its so intimidating!

Is it ok if I just go & ride on the stationary bike? and maybe work up the nerve to do some reps on machines? Im afraid Im going to go & make a fool of myself. I know Im not going to blend in because of my weight alone ....
The Elephant in the room, so to speak! (haha) - no. im not downing myself THAT MUCH...... just a bit of humor!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I do it! I put my Mp3 player on, blast a loud song look straight ahead and work my ass off. Gotta put blinders on and focus on yourself! It can be intimidating I know! Don't look in the mirror, or analyze other people. You just feel that way, everyone else doesn't. I noticed thin women go into my gym and ride the elliptical machine for 10 minutes and walk out. I do it for an hour! I'm proud of myself I am losing the weight and the people at the gym do notice sometimes and say so! You are there for you! Make it worth your while girl!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i feel like that all the time..i cant run.. without feeling like im gonna die..or thinking my boobs are gonna smack me in the face...lol...i only work out around other women if i can help it..like women only gyms and sometimes they give me the motivation to go..thinkin hell yea ima look like that one day NOT! but it helps to imagine...ive never been a small girl...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My husband and I join the gym 2 weeks ago. I am way over weight and I thought I'd feel like that because when we toured it everyone was all fit. Once we started going it was like total opposite. They're so encouraging they make me feel as comfortable as possible. I just do the bike for 30 minutes then do some ab exercises and arm exercises. You should give it a try. I'm loving it and i weigh 270lbs!!!!! I never thought I'd say this but I love going to the gym. My kids love they day care there too lol I have to pry her out :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Hannalee where are you?! lol im trying to find a good gym in my area..?!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• trust me people would rather see you at the gym than mcdonalds :)
    Anonymous

• I am so determined to lose the weight that I don't give a crap who sees me anymore.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i go to the y in my toen. we love it. they ahve a 30 min cafe like curves.. ive neer used it cause i like the classes and the treadmill but a lot of wemon do..

just concentrate on how good you will look after a few months at the gym.. yopu can do ti momma!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I just do it and I don't feel like I'm under a microscope at my gym at all. I've lost 51 lbs. since Feb. 28 but 58 overall since I started up going again this year. I say just do it! Everyone is there for the same reasons.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I am going to start the YMCA Thursday I am sooooo scared because I am so over weight but I am taking baby steps and I dont care any more what people think when they see me in my tank top and nee length stretch pants lol I want to do this

Anonymous

• I'm in south Louisiana... LOL come on i'd be nice to go with someone to the gym other than my 160lb husband LOL makes me sick J/K!!! :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009