Ideas Please!

My mom is 60 and is a BIG mess she hurts all the time,sleeps all day,has no energy, and is always going to the hospital for problems. I think she needs hormone therapy but I'm not sure entirely on what to suggest,now because her doctor sucks I'm trying to get her some help I'm at my wits end and so is she...What works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• Maybe have her try an alternative doctor. Some health food stores have recommendations.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• hmm, has she had her thyroid checked? you can do thyroid bloodwork...its called a T4 and TSH. Sometimes if they are low or high it can cause a lot of problems....including fatigue, weight gain or weight loss, hot flashes, night sweats and a lot of other things. I deal with Thyroid patients all the time....thought I might suggest that.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• It could be something like celiac disease. Check out the symptoms and more info at Celiac Symmptoms

For me the fatigue was the worst symptom.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Depression can also cause what you are describing, it can be both physical and mental...Also fibromyalgia can cause undescribed pain.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I was reading up about pituitary glands and how they can affect our well being,(hormones) seems like men do well all the time because of the amount of theri testosterone levels,it would seem to be that as women our hormones just don't supply us good enough and we need to take something for it to help us stay happy focused and out of pain. She is on meds for depression but they dont help her.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009