What is the most annoying thing anyone did in the delivery room when you had your kids?

My last baby (my 3rd) my mil was in the room, and at about 7=8 cm I was weorking really hard through my contractions, but still handeling them pretty well from my opinion. She got in my face and said "you knew this was going to hurt, and you wanted another baby, you should have been a bit more prepared huh?" My husband and best friend saw me starting to loose it and drug her out of the room. Also before that, she would tell me I needed to breathe better, because my heart rate would go up during a contraction, not much but a little about 10-15 beats a min, and she just couldnt realize it was a normal rection to pain and I was handeling everything fine, she thought I needed ac-section. With my 1st baby. my mom (my only labor support person) kept going outside to have a ciggarette because she was stressed out. I am pregnant again and definitely know who ISN'T allowed in the room this time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With my labor it was my mil, shes into natural stuff and her oils, and apparently she put some one me and was massaging me(i felt her massaging me but had no idea she had put oil on me)she kept telling me to relax during my contractions i was getting so pissed especially because for the last little while i had to wear an oxygen mask because my sons heart rate would drop during contractions and the mask was making my face all hot. I had a cool nurse who said shed tell her she had to leave before i started pushing if id like, and i did, it was only me and my mom(sadly my husband was still at basic training) but he was kinda there he kept calling the last 15 minutes or so that was a bit annoying but i understand why, finally i told my mom to pick up and he got to hear my son born although i wasnt screaming or anything, he did hear him cry right after he was born.
    AtticusJsmum

Answer by AtticusJsmum at 1:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I guess the most annoying thing was "yelling through the contractions are not going to help".. Uh.. yes, it was helping me.. it gave me an "adrenaline rush".. If I want to yell.. I'm going to yell ;)
    Anonymous

• Most annoying person in the room, the anesthesiologist. He was having an intern do my spinal and I could here him back there say "Oh, you don't want to do that. She's bigger so it's ok but on a smaller person that could be bad." So not only was I terrified (having a c-section) but he called me fat:-( Well, at the time that's what it seemed like anyways...
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I opted for a c-section. No family other than DH...for just this reason.
    Anonymous

• Nothing, my deliveries were perfect and magical...just kidding tried to make you smile! Some of the nurses were pretty bossy sometimes, they would tell me to do things that I wasn't comfortable with like sit in a tub 5 minutes after my son was out, talk about nasty! I wanted the time to bond in private not soak in blood clots.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My dad....I was contracting really hard and had already passed 9 cms when he called the cell phone. I was trying to stay calm and I wanted quiet...so I told my SO to turn the cell phone off. So what did my dad do? Called the room phone. So I had SO unplug the room phone. So what did dad do???? HE CAME INTO THE ROOM!!!! I have never screamed at my dad before or since, but boy did I that day!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• 10:16 thats all fine and dandy but you had weeks of recovery while everyone else had the hard part done with byt hte time they had the baby and could enjoy their time with their newborn. Why would anyone "opt out" to recover from surgery and have a newborn at the same time!
    Anonymous

• i had a c-section but doc telling me over and over i would feel pressure but no pain..i was like dude, i may be high as a kite but i get it..ive said i get it THREE TIMES!!!! SHUT UP AND GIVE ME THE PRESSURE ALREADY!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Sweetkisses, I'm laughing so hard. You are a feisty one! I love it!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• a mother took her two kids into an open door to gawk at me. When the nurse closed the door, I heard the mother ask,"Can't we just watch?" Yes, she was there with her two kids.

Other than that, everyone else (nurses, etc.) spoke softly and were very polite.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009