When you married your hubby did it not accure to you his family was part of the deal?

Im always seeing how Wifes dont like their In-laws on CM...
Did you think his family was going to go away once you got married?
How do you manage to raise your kids up to know & love *all* their family members if you cant stand them? Are you kids effected by this?
When you got pregnant did you not think you just made Grandparents out of inlaws --(look at your grandparents & how greatly you cherish them & they cherish you!)
----
My mom hung out with my grandma before my parents even dated. And I love DH family very deeply & they are a treasure to me! If we didnt get along dh & I would have NEVER married! If my family didnt like DH- we probley would have dated for less than a yr. No its not a perfect harmony but we can respect & love each other well enough..

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I got married very young. It never ocured to me that my in-laws would be a major part of my life. Duh.

Some of my married life they were. When I had no control over things. Now that I have more control, it's better. I've been with DH for almost 25 years. Lots of time to "get to know the family." LOL

True, you marry a family, not a man! :-)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• most of the time my inlaws are bearable, but there are times they drive me insane. and that is going to happen with family, maybe they loved their husband so the family didn't matter even if they were crazy. as far as me not getting along with my inlaws at times, no it doesn't affect my daughter or son b/c they don't know it i don't say anything to them about it and i never would. its their grandparents and aunt i would never ever try to get my children to not like them. just like i would go nuts if my husband were to say something bad about my family in front of our children. its family you are gonna be annoyed sometimes. my blood family drives me nuts at times, maybe people just want to vent?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i knew it was a package deal but as soon as my hubby and I got married my mil went nuts she hates me now! And when i got prego we agreed that there would not be any smoking around the baby and now she refuses to speak to us!
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 10:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Well first off I loved him, he came from a dysfunctional abusive, alcoholic home. Why should he pay the price and not marry me? I'm not fond of some of his family, but I'm with him not them. They treated me like crap for no reason but I married their son. He didn't pick his family. Should we all just find people with families we like so we don' t bother people on CM? We set a good example for our children, so we believe that's enough. Just because you are family does not mean I will refuse to be self honoring by allowing unhealthy behavior around my family. We have a pretty good family considering. On the other hand my family LOVES my husband.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Sometimes ur inlove so much u think its ok cause u dont really know everything until after ur married- then stuff comes out.
    Anonymous

• A sons a son till he takes a wife- a daughters a daughter her whole life ( my granmom taught me that.) Girls r closer most often to there familys.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes the in laws don't show their "true colors" until AFTER the wedding. Seriously. Especially mil's when the dil is expecting her first child. They go psycho.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• YES!! I love my in-laws. I was considered part of the family before my hubby and i ever got together. Now they treat me even more like a daughter.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Wow, I think you're lucky. My FIL is okay but it's my husband's SISTER that has been the biggest nightmare I've ever encountered. Thank God she lives another state away and I avoid her at all costs but she's incredibly selfish. Over the years it's improved however.
    Anonymous

• my husband is very controlling when i it comes to my x x we have kids and he wants me all to his self it dont work that way Id like something different in my life
    rosebub

Answer by rosebub at 11:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009