What do you think you would see if you sat in your childs classroom?

The bell rings .... Your kid goes into class.. If you were a fly on the wall what would you expect to see in your kids class room?
(Not just your childs behavior, but the teachers & other kids behavior?)
How well do you think class runs smoothly daily?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• It really depends on the teacher. In my son's math class,the teacher is a bitch, has no control of the class and the kids just disrespect her because of her attitude. Those same kids in other classes are totally different, respectful, fun and eager to learn. I have sat in on my son's classes and it all depends on the teacher. The majority teachers in my sons middle school have excellent control of the classrooms, it is the minority that irritates me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I volunteer at school: I see the well behaved kids, the kids that are totally checked out and are always having to work on a problem. I see a class running as smoothly as possible with a slightly frustrated teacher who copes really well, all things considered. Actually, it's a lot better than I thought but I learned that as a parent you really have to do the homework with your kid because the teacher is relying on you to help with reinforcing everything as she has no time and too many kids and always a few with learning or behavioral issues.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Utter chaos. The teachers have no control in the upper grades here, and they are way behind on learning.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009