Bath Time

My daughter is 9 weeks old and after her bath she starts to cry all the time. Any suggestions as to why?

Emmasmom2009

Asked by Emmasmom2009 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• shes probably cold and just doesn't like bath time. just try to get her warm and dry as quick as possible. and if she really can't stand it cut back on baths, she doesn't need one every night since she isn't really doing anything, so you can skip a night and it'll be ok.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• she may be cold or hungry... my lo was always cold and wanted a bottle even if he had just eatten
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 10:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Probably cold. I used to just get mine out of the bath and wrap him up really good in the towel and just hold him for a lil bit. That way they dry and I can dress him after hes warmed up without being wet.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• She's is probably cold. I know it took a few times for my daughter to get used to baths. Just make sure you have a nice towel to wrap her in right out of the bath (not one of those thin ones). And I usually have everything ready to put her in right away. Her sleeper, diaper, and Desitin are all layed out on the sofa so that she only has a little bit of time in the chilly air:-)Also make sure that the water isn't too cold. I was so worried that I would burn my baby that I practically froze her out of the bath>.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• she loves being in the bath. Its' when she gets out that she starts to cry. Even if she has just finished eating before her bath she still crys after the bath.
    Emmasmom2009

Answer by Emmasmom2009 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• There ya go...i bet shes upset that your making her get out of the bath!!!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• than she is probably cold. just wrap her like everyone else said as soon as she gets out of the bath. cuddle her for a bit before you take the towel off, that always worked for my daughter, i would rock her for a few mins wrapped up in her towel until she was dry that way she wasn't exposed to all the cold air while she was wet.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• probably could.I use have everything ready, make sure not to wash her hair until the very last because it will make the baby colder faster. Just make sure she has plenty of dry towels and wrap her up, dont worry my son is 10 months old and still cries everytime.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• try keeping her in the bath a little longer. she may not be ready to get out yet. she maybe a little cold so have her head covered
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 1:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2009