When are some people going to realize that no matter HOW DIFFERENT you spell a common name it does NOT make it any less common.. only more of a nusicence for the child and for people trying to pronoucnce it?

Normally I dont give a rats patoot what people name their kids but it is a bit annoying when you have to sit there and read the name name Kyrynnia 3 times before your realize its Carrina...

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first name is so ridiculously difficult to spell AND pronounce that I swore I would never do that to my own children! It's really hard to have a name that people mispronounce 99.99% of the time. Try graduating from high school, and having the principal mispronounce your name when he's handing you your diploma? Or going for a job interview, and the interviewer spends the first few minutes of the interview trying to spell your name correctly? You guessed it: the job will suddenly be "filled"! It's embarrassing and humiliating. Please don't put YOUR kids through what I had to go through all of my 35 years of life!!!!! It's not cute and it's not "original".
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Get over it!who cares if someone else likes the spelling or not,really? If you have time to be irked by this sort of thing honey then you need to get out more.
    Anonymous

• My mom spelled my middle name Danyell..... she kept it simple spell it how it sounds...
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Anon at 7:45, what exactly is your point? Why did you even answer the question if YOU are SO clearly irked by it?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think it's kind of neat to see all the different spellings that people come up with personally.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 10:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Who fucking cares? Really?

If you don't like it, don't name your kids that way.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• No thats not bad giovanni .. it actaully makes sense... its the ones that take like 15 minutes to figure out waht the name is.. poor kids having to write it.
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• My daughter's name is Jossalyn. Spelled like it sounds. Oh well! I have other things to worry about :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• To each his own, but I really hope that the people who do that don't cop an attitude when no one can figure out what their kid's name is!

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Btw, "Fallaya" is not my real name...but it rhymes with my real name!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009