Is this Harassment?

I have been working for 2 doctors for 2 years now. Over the past year, I have had 3 m/c's. I was out for a week due to the 1st one (doctor's orders for emotional and physical healing...I had a D&C) and a day for the 2nd and 3rd one as the bleeding was heavy. Upon my return to work from the 1st one they seemed understanding. This took place in April. In December, I requested time off to go out of town and was told by one of the doc's that my vacation time had been spend on my medical issue. Recently, the other doctor was trying to be funny and joked about bringing his girlfriend to an abortion doctor this weekend. He specified that this was his 3rd abortion this year. Funny how I have had 3 m/c's. I had expressed to him that I don't believe in abortion in previous conversations and how it kills me that I can't have a healthy preg. I gave him a cold shoulder for 3 days. He calls me up at the end of the day and brings it up again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him to end that conversation permanently or you'll file a complaint.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• call an attorney and ask if it's file worthy

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think it's awfully insensitive and unprofessional, but do not believe it rises to criminal harassment or tortious harassment. Tell him you do not want to discuss the issue at all. If he continues to press, then I would consider it harassment. Document each encounter so you can refer to specific dates and conversation.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Send him an email put it in writting. You should not have to put up with his personal life issues. Let your supervisor know a.s.a.p file a grieveance.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:41 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers. I wish we had an HR dept, but it is a small office...me and the two doctors. I don't know where to go from here with my complaint. I have typed a letter, and depending on his attitude or comments, I will say something and also send the email.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2009